Friday, January 29, 2016

USA Ultimate Extends CEO's Contract Through 2021

Dr. Tom Crawford, Chief Executive Officer of USA Ultimate, has earned a 6-year extension on his contract, according to USAU. Crawford first joined USAU in 2009. Crawford leads a staff of 18 at the non-profit's headquarters in Colorado Springs.

Crawford is quoted in the news story as saying: "As I've said many times, I fell in love with ultimate as a unique, wicked fun and highly athletic sport. I love the Spirit of the Game ethos, and unlike other sports that talk about and even emphasize sportsmanship, ultimate has found a way to truly operationalize it, so it sticks and becomes part of the fabric of the sport, and I love that. It makes this sport very different from most other sports, and I'm energized to be sure families learn about it as a great option for their children. And I want to put our world class athletes on the big stage. Thus I am thrilled and truly honored that the board is pleased enough with my leadership and performance to offer me this long term agreement that allows me to continue to lead the smartest staff I've ever had the pleasure to work with and to lead the growth of ultimate and this organization for years to come. We've got some really exciting plans, and I'm truly psyched about our future!"


The USAU CEO is a man with a strategic mission of: to grow this wonderful sport in the U.S. and all over the world while providing the best possible playing opportunities for millions of athletes at all stages and ages of the sport. And all that while we advance the sport through character, community and competition. (via USAU Magazine, Winter 2015 )

[image via / February 2015]


No comments: