Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Uh 1, Uh 2, Ultimate

frisbee baseballOpening Day approaches for the ex-Olympic sport and the basis for Ultibase. Makes me think about the familiar 7th inning stretch song...Ultimate style...
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Stake me out an Ultimate field,

There will soon be a crowd.

Buy me some cleats and disc - that’s all!

I don't care if I never break force.

Let me run, catch, throw, for my team,

If they don't win it's SOTG.

For it's ‘T’ in ten, you're stalled out,

At the old frisbee game.

Did You Know...? The well known baseball song, "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" was written by Jack Norworth in 1908 and later set to some music by Albert Von Tilzer. Neither Norworth or Tilzer had ever been to a baseball game at the time the song was written, yet it is one of the most widely sung songs in America in the early 20th century.

No comments: